* Its juicy pulp and excellent flavour make the pear one of the most consumed fruits in the country.
* The pear crop requires a significant investment of time and financial resources, but it also needs a good knowledge of the techniques of soil preparation and pruning and grafting in order to achieve an adequate growth of the tree and a good production.
* We must have knowledge of the requirements of this fruit, provide the most suitable soil, an irrigation according to its needs, and a good protection against the weather, diseases and insects, so that it can ripen in optimal conditions.
* All these issues are clearly set out in this book, which lists the different varieties of pears and explains the weather conditions that are best for each one.
* Two chapters complete this book and make it an essential guide: one dedicated to organic farming and the other to the estimate cost of the crop.